Monday, July 6, 2009

I Will Never Leave You


Whitsands Bay, East Cornwall

The narrow coast road along the full stretch of Whitsands Bay offers breathtaking views out to sea. There's always something different to see depending upon the weather, time of day or the season. You have to go carfeully though, as people have been known to drive over the cliff edge. I was driving along the other week when the sky grew darker and darker with gathering storm clouds. Although it was mid afternoon it seemed almost like nightime, except at every point of my journey a shaft of sunlight lit up a patch of sea, as if it was following me.

And of course He is always following us. No matter how dark and threatening or frighteneing life is, God will be with us. This is His promise that He will never ever leave us. Even when it feels like we are the only person in the whole world, He is here to comfort, guide and protect.

"I will never leave you; I will never abandon you." Hebrews 13:5

2 comments:

duopastorale said...

:) Thank you.

Sand-in-stone said...

I have just stumbled upon your blog and have been ever so blessed. Thank you for the beautiful pictures and how you so pointedly portray His Glory. The Lord has truly blessed you to be His messenger.

Sandi