Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rest for My Soul

Spring Green at Golitha Falls, Cornwall

This is one of my favourite beauty spots in Cornwall. Especially so in spring, when everywhere is clothed in new green with bluebells in the background and the young River Fowey running free and clear. It’s such a peaceful but lively place where it seems that God is just inviting us to tarry with Him.

When we decide to go God’s way for us and yield to Him we experience peace beyond measure. Sometimes God, who knows us so well, allows circumstances in our lives that we wouldn’t choose, but when we yield to Him in this and rest in His presence we find healing and refreshment for our soul. We become more alive.

“He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.” Psalm 23:2-3

No comments: