Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thriving in Hostile Conditions

Cliffside flowers, Guernsey

I don’t know the correct name for these beautiful flowers, but I call them Livingston Daisies. I discovered them on the cliffs in Guernsey and just like the sea pinks - or thrift - in Cornwall they seem to thrive despite the extremely hostile conditions. They cling to the rocky cliffs and flower every year, despite the seeming lack of soil and being battered by the salt-laden storms.

When the going gets tough and even threatening and it feels like we are hanging on by a thread, let go and cling to Jesus. When we put our whole trust in Him, He will nourish us with His love, often in surprising ways, no matter how hard and rocky the circumstances. He will never ever let us down.

“O my dove, in the clefts of the rock - let me see your face” Song of Songs 2:14

No comments: